Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Photo Every Day #206

Today I felt like having a bit of a play with my Canon as I feel that I've been severely neglecting it recently. Whilst we were filming Boom In Shot, one of the guys who worked at Antwerp Mansion wanted us all to pose for a photo. This was a more than reasonable request but there was a twist! We had to all stand perfectly still in the dark whilst he went round and 'painted' us with a torch. The photo was really good, we were all frozen in the photo. So I decided to copy and have a go myself. I've never really done anything with a long exposure time before but it was good fun. I first of all decided to set my vintage film cameras up to try and mimic us standing in our positions on set.

This is the first photo. I used a green torch, hence the green streaks, but I think I lit them for too long and my picture was also out of focus!:
Light & Exposure Tests (5)


Next, I changed my light source to a little slimline pocket torch which seemed to work better. I realised the little light lines were where the camera had picked up the torch rather than just the light on the object:
Light & Exposure Tests (3)

So then I decided to just have a bit of a scribble:
Light & Exposure Tests (8)

And write my name:
Light & Exposure Tests (9)

And lastly I tried some self portraits done using a long exposure. This allowed me to light myself in 3 positions, creating the three headed look!:
Light & Exposure Tests (12)

This was my favourite in the end:
Light & Exposure Tests (15)

More experimenting coming soon!

Song Of The Day: Linkin Park - In The End
Reason: Old skool classic!

Highlight Of The Day: Having a rather amusing afternoon involving topless old ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment