Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Monday 30 July 2012

Equestrians At The Olympics

Today I have been watching the cross country event at the Olympics. It's been really fantastic and we're still only about half way through! The 3 British riders that have already gone have done amazingly and have done the country proud. Zara Phillips and Mary King have been my sporting idols for a long time, but it's been great to see such a lot of top riders doing so well. Sadly there have been a fair few falls, so hopefully horses and riders are all ok. I'm not usually a follower of any other kind of sporting event and I don't really follow equestrian sports as much as I should, but it's an amazing feeling to sit on the edge of your seat, praying to god that your riders get home safely and within the time. I actually feel like I've had the most stressful afternoon and have probably been acting like the boy does when he swears, yells and jumps up and down when the football is on. Ok, maybe not that bad! I've found the event to be really inspiring and I'm so disappointed that I couldn't be there myself. Go Team GB!

Zara Phillips & High Kingdom:
Zara Phillips & High Kingdom

Mary King & Imperial Cavalier:
Mary King & Imperial Cavalier

Nicola Wilson & Opposition Buzz:
Nicola Wilson & Opposition Buzz

William Fox-Pitt & Lionheart:
William Fox Pitt & Lionheart

Tina Cook & Miners Frolic:
Tina Cook & Miners Frolic

No comments:

Post a Comment