Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Wednesday 28 November 2012

I Recommend: Cat Products

Cat Products

Cat Tower - For play time I would recommend getting as big a cat tower as you can afford. I got ours off eBay brand new and it was £50 including delivery! It's huge; around 1 meter wide and 5'7 in height. The cats love it as it has scratching posts, places to sleep and give them a good view when they sit on the top.

Whiskas Kitten Pouches - When we first got Asami we had to decide what we wanted to feed her. I picked Whiskas as a brand because I liked the choice of flavours and feel it's really good value for money. I also like the fact that they come in different varieties; there's meat in gravy, steamed fish and grilled meat/fish as well as the usual 'in jelly' styles of food. I feel that this stops the kitties from having the same old food every day. I also use their kitten dry food to compliment the pouches.

Whiskas Temptations/Crunch - I like these as they're designed to compliment the flavours of the wet food. I think it's good to encourage the cats to eat a range of textures and keeps their food interesting. I don't put these with every meal, but give them every few meals to keep them interested. I also love the little packets the come in as they're shaped like a cats face complete with little ears!

Lead & Harness - As we are keeping our cats as house cats, we decided to train them to go outside using a small harness and a lead. So far Asami has no problems with the harness but isn't sure what to do when she's outside or on the lead yet. If it works it'll be good that they can go outside when I can supervise them and know they're safe, but if not we'll just have to spoil them more indoors.

Toys - Asami and Draco have a lot of toys. Some are proper cat toys, some are things they've found round the house and just like. Current favourites include; balls with feathers, a ball that makes bird tweet sounds when it's rolled, part of a makeup brush, a small mouse and a long furry snake on a stick. They adore anything with feathers and fluffy bits, but don't seem to like the toys with jingly bells in. I try and buy toys that are more on the heavy duty side as cheap items seem not to even last for an hour.

Dreamies - Probably the kitties favourite thing on this list! Just like the adverts, the cats actually go mad for dreamies! They come in a good range of flavours and are really well priced. I give them these when I'm about to go out or when they need a bit of attention or distracting.Their faces when they crunch them are adorable!

Webbox Lick-e-Lix - I only bought this for the first time a couple of weeks ago but it's a really good treat. Different to biscuits or wet food, it's like a mousse. Asami really loves it so I will be buying it again.

I also love:
* A good cat brush - Really good for the fur and makes them purr!
* Cardboard boxes  - A kitten's favourite hiding place
* Kittten milk - A yummy change from water
* Clumping Cat Litter - Easier to clean on a day-to-day basis and the soiled part all sticks together!

No comments:

Post a Comment