Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Vita Brevis Breviter In Brevi Finietu

Sunday 14 July 2013

Film Review: Closed For The Season (2010)

 Closed For The Season


I recorded this film as I love anything set in abandoned places. Closed For The Season is about a girl, Kristy (Aimee Brooks) who wakes up in a local theme park which she spent time in as a child. She is haunted by past memories as she tries to find her lost teddy and a way out. She is aided by James (Damien Maffei) who's parents were the caretakers. The film is directed by Jay Woelfel.



The plot itself is a little confusing as they have visions of each other dying. It's also a bit of a long winded film and as it jumps around from strange vision to reality it's not the most captivating. It reminded me of the Goosebumps and Are You Afraid Of The Dark? series that I love, but sadly it was too long and the novelty completely wore off. I didn't mind the poor CGI, the wooden acting or the predictable script as I think these things can make a film fun. I did think the carny character (Joe Unger)  was overly sexual for the sake of it though.

I wouldn't watch it again but it wasn't unbearable. The best part of it was that part of it was actually shot in an abandoned theme park, but I wish they'd made more of a focus on it in the film.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment